Advanced Dental Technology
Dentists at TSDG are extemely dedicated to bringing the best possbile technology into his practice. From state-of-the-art, low-radiation x-rays, dentists at TSDG brought the perfect blend of art, skill and technology to their dental practice. And the result? Happy clients with beautiful smiles!
Our featured high-technology services include:
- Digital X-Rays
- Playsafe Sports Mouthguards
- Advanced Sleepguards
- Picasso Lite Soft-Tissue Laser
- Arestin Periodontal Treatment System
Call us at (803) 403-8685 for an appointment or more information or click here to request an appointment online.
Dental X-rays at our office are fast, thorough and very low risk. At every phase of treatment in which x-rays are needed, we use the latest in digital technology to give you rapid, accurate diagnostic results with much less radiation than conventional x-rays.
Our patients agree that digital x-rays are an excellent technological advance. Here’s why:
- Because they are computerized, the digital x-rays utilize sensors rather than film. Sensors require much less radiaiton to yield an image. This means that our patients experience only a very low level of radiation when they are x-rayed.
- Because the digital system uses a small sensor, the process of taking X-rays is easier, more efficient and far more comfortable, even for gaggers and children.
- Because the x-rays appear immediately on the computer monitor as soon as they are taken, you will experience less chair time and more rapid treatment. The Doctor can immediately see what is going on in your mouth, and begin treatment right away.
- Because of the enlarged and enhanced view of the X-ray images, you will, for the first time, actually be able to see the condition of your own mouth. You will be able to easily visualize and understand the diagnosis and proposed treatment plan so that you can better participate in your own dental health.
Playsafe Sports Mouthguards
If you like to play contact sports, you should let our doctors help you protect your teeth with a custom-fitted mouthguard from Playsafe. Our doctors will provide you with a mouthguard that is based on a custom mold of your teeth for a perfect fit, and made to the exact size and degree of protection that you require.
According to the National Youth Sports Foundation, more than 5 million teeth will be knocked out in sporting activities this year. With a Playsafe custom mouth guard, you can be sure that your child’s teeth will be protected, whatever sport he or she plays.
If you have an active child who likes to play sports such as soccer, baseball, softball, skateboarding, martial arts, hockey, etc., a Playsafe mouthguard from our doctors is an excellent preventative investment. According to Dr. Ray Padilla, an active member in the Academy for Sports Dentistry, the lifetime dental rehabilitation costs can approach several thousand dollars per tooth, for the child or athlete who loses a tooth (or teeth) in a sporting injury. The total rehabilitation costs for a single knocked-out tooth are more than 20 times the preventative cost of a custom-fitted mouthguard.
Snoring can be an annoying problem, but it can also be a “red flag” of respiratory obstruction difficulties that are causing sleep apnea (frequent cessation of breathing during sleep). If you or a loved one have difficulty with snoring, or frequently rouse at night, gasping for breath, our doctors can help. A simple, comfortable sleepguard device will ensure that your jaw and tongue stay in an open, relaxed position during sleep. No more snoring, or gasping for air!
Picasso Lite Soft-Tissue Laser
Dentists at TSDG use the latest laser technology, a Picasso Lite Diode Laser, to ensure that soft-tissue procedures are fast and pain-free. From cosmetic procedures to reduce gum tissue to controlling bleeding so that we can get better impressions for bridges and crowns, this new tool helps our dentists to provide you with care that is painfree and less likely to require anesthetic. With this laser, we can
- Treat cold sores with no anesthesia. The laser treatment cuts healing time by 50%, and prevents cold sores from recurring in the treated spot;
- Remove soft tissue between the two front teeth that may be causing a gap or space between the teeth, in just a few minutes and with little need for anesthesia;
- Provide a fast and painfree treatment for “venous lakes” or purple discolorations on the lips;
- Repair a “gummy smile,” giving you a smile without puffy, overgrown gum tissue; and
- Use it to control bleeding and retract gum tissue so that the impressions that we take for your crown or bridge are more precise, and require less time and discomfort for you.
Arestin Periodontal Treatment
The cause of gum disease is primarily the presence of bacteria. Therefore, we offer non-surgical treatment to remove the bacteria in cases of mild to intermediate gum disease. This is done by means of Scaling and Root Planing (or “Deep Cleaning”). We take care to keep this procedure painless, while still remaining thorough.
Because one cannot see inside the deep pockets, Deep Cleaning is done by feel and while it eliminates a large portion of the bacteria and “barnacles” attached to the root, it is not possible to locate all of them. Therefore, in addition to Deep Cleaning we use Arestin® therapy to help rid your gums of infectious bacteria. Arestin therapy is accomplished by placing a special antibiotic in the deep pockets under the gum where bacteria accumulates. Arestin therapy greatly reduces the chances of further progression of the gum disease.